Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: R&D Polarion
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Industry Software GmbH is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
With Polarion ALM, Siemens PLM Software is the first vendor delivering a unified, 100 percent browser-based solution with document-centric, “easy-as-Word” functionality supporting real-time collaboration online via patented LiveDoc functionality. Polarion is the first commercial solution to make use of a version management system (the Subversion™ open-source version control system) to store all artifacts including process configurations.
Join our team as a “Software Engineer (m/f/d) – SISW” in our office in Stuttgart.
This position will be a Software Engineer responsible for definition, execution and delivery of the capabilities of Polarion ALM and Integrations of Polarion ALM with 3rd-party tools.
The team is about 70 Software Engineers from company, which was acquired by Siemens in 2016 and represent thus a combination of highly-agile mentality and large enterprise spirit. The team is fully responsible for Polarion ALM-family products and their integrations.
A successful candidate for this position will have several years of domain experience in the area of Software Engineering, ideally with experience in ALM and Integrations of different solutions and tech-nologies.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems
- Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts
- Influences the technical direction for one area of a product
- Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into at least one area of a product and to our people
- Provides high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis
- Possesses broad knowledge of internal operating systems, applications implications and customer areas
- Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers
- Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise
- Extensive knowledge of the field
- Software development experience using JAVA
- Must have 2+ years of software development experience for a commercial Software product using
- Object Oriented Design Principles
- Design Patterns
- AngularJS, NodeJS, HTML5
- Working experience with Eclipse
- XML, XSLT, JSON
- SOA & REST Services
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, E&E or related field is preferred
- Experience with Teamcenter or similar PLM systems are highly desired.
- Knowledge in Selenium, Cucumber framework is a plus
- Experience in Agile / SAFe process is an added advantage
- Work on-site in office in Stuttgart, Germany
- Fluent in English
What more do I need to know?
We provide competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational struc-ture, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Markus Kies, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.