Power System Planning Consultant
Siemens PTI is the think tank of Siemens Energy Management Business Unit and provides thought leadership to our customers on long term development plan, power system planning, energy strategies, smart energy system and business model innovation to cope up with the energy transformation.
We are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic Power Systems Planning Consultants to perform grid simulation studies of electrical transmission / distribution systems for clients such as power producers, independent system operators, industries and transmission providers to develop solutions for safe and reliable power system operations.
Job responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and deliver power system planning studies: the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behaviour, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks.
- Undertake Generation (including Wind Farms), Industrial Load Connection Compliance studies and Power System Harmonic Studies
- Automating and Scripting work for the power system analysis tools (PSS®E & Sincal).
- Application and analysis of study results applied to basic system design and equipment specification
- Delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services.
- Undertake techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers.
- Experience in using programs for the analysis and calculation of electrical power networks, such as PSS SINCAL, PSS NETOMAC, PSS E, PSASP, MATLAB or comparable tools.
- Assist the PTI Business Manager in the development of strategy, business targets and financial achievements
- To develop and maintain external customer relationships
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree or higher in electrical engineering / power system.
- Post Graduate Degree / Phd will be considered towards experience.
- Passionate about sustainability, energy transition, smart autonomous grids and impacts of digitalization in the energy industry.
- Techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers, conduct techno-economic evaluations of project proposals including good understanding of financial concepts.
- Knowhow in the UK / Ireland regulatory framework, Grid Codes and System Operation
- Knowhow in CIM and integration of Offline simulation packages to real time operating systems
- Programming skills in FORTRAN, C++ and Python
- Solid communication skills and ability to present findings clearly via reports and presentations is required.
- Has a proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management.
- Practical wisdom: challenge conventional wisdom, know when and where to improvise, try new things and learn from failure.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in marketing and sales.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above is required, where applicable.
- Strategic thinking.
Job ID: 96640
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either