Energy Business Advisory Consultant
Siemens PTI is the think tank of Siemens Energy Management Business Unit and provides thought leadership to our customers on long term development plan, energy strategies, smart energy system, digitalisation & IoT consultancy and business model innovation to cope up with the energy and digital transformation.
We are seeking Energy Business Advisory
Consultants to work with our customers to formulate energy transition
programmes / strategies and co-create new business models. Our customers
include electricity / gas / water utility clients, transport infrastructure
agencies, industries, regulators, local authorities, mixed use developers,
independent system operators.
Job responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and deliver “Energy Business Advisory” services: smart autonomous grids, increased penetration of Distributed Generations and impacts of digitalisation in the energy sector.
- Develop energy transition strategies and undertake smart energy system planning and design.
- Undertake techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers, conduct techno-economic evaluations of project proposals including good understanding of financial concepts.
- Develop new business models and revenue streams within the UK / Ireland regulatory framework.
- · Assist the PTI Business Manager in the development of strategy, business targets and financial achievements
- · To develop and maintain external customer relationships
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree or higher
- Post Graduate Degree / Phd will be considered towards experience.
- Passionate about sustainability, energy transition, smart autonomous grids and impacts of digitalization in the energy industry.
- Knowhow in energy system industry and energy market
- Knowhow in the UK / Ireland regulatory framework
- Knowhow in digitalisation and business model transformation
- Knowhow in digital twin and asset management.
- IoT and smart grid consulting skill.
- Solid mathematical foundation
- Solid communication skills and ability to present findings clearly via reports and presentations is required.
- Has a proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management.
- Practical wisdom: challenge conventional wisdom, know when and where to improvise, try new things and learn from failure.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in marketing and sales.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above is required, where applicable
- Strategic thinking.
Ideally this person will be based in Manchester, but we will consider applications from candidates whom wish to be home based also.
Job ID: 96643
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either