Energy Business Advisory Consultant
Siemens PTI is the think tank of Siemens Energy Management Business Unit and provides thought leadership to our customers on long term development plan, energy strategies, smart energy system, digitalisation & IoT consultancy and business model innovation to cope up with the energy and digital transformation.
We are seeking Energy Business Advisory
Consultants to work with our customers to formulate energy transition
programmes / strategies and co-create new business models. Our customers
include electricity / gas / water utility clients, transport infrastructure
agencies, industries, regulators, local authorities, mixed use developers,
independent system operators.
Job responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and deliver “Energy Business Advisory” services: smart autonomous grids, increased penetration of Distributed Generations and impacts of digitalisation in the energy sector.
- Develop energy transition strategies and undertake smart energy system planning and design.
- Undertake techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers, conduct techno-economic evaluations of project proposals including good understanding of financial concepts.
- Develop new business models and revenue streams within the UK / Ireland regulatory framework.
- · Assist the PTI Business Manager in the development of strategy, business targets and financial achievements
- · To develop and maintain external customer relationships
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree or higher
- Post Graduate Degree / Phd will be considered towards experience.
- Passionate about sustainability, energy transition, smart autonomous grids and impacts of digitalization in the energy industry.
- Knowhow in energy system industry and energy market
- Knowhow in the UK / Ireland regulatory framework
- Knowhow in digitalisation and business model transformation
- Knowhow in digital twin and asset management.
- IoT and smart grid consulting skill.
- Solid mathematical foundation
- Solid communication skills and ability to present findings clearly via reports and presentations is required.
- Has a proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management.
- Practical wisdom: challenge conventional wisdom, know when and where to improvise, try new things and learn from failure.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in marketing and sales.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above is required, where applicable
- Strategic thinking.
Ideally this person will be based in Manchester, but we will consider applications from candidates whom wish to be home based also.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 96643
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either