SCADA FIELD T&C ENGINEER
Overall responsibility / Mission
Reporting to the T&C Manager the SCADA Field T&C Engineer accountable for:
- Performing SCADA site testing according to the test procedure or as instructed by the CIS T&C Manager.
- Documenting test results and findings
- Daily reporting of site test progress, ensuring that progress is measured in terms of planned (programmed) versus actual
- Highlighting any slippages and actions taken for recovery.
Measurement of success
- Clear and concise daily reports.
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
Objectives / main activities
- SCADA functional tests and commissioning:
- Support / performance for static and dynamic tests with several partners.
- Support / performance of static and dynamic tests of “integrative nature”.
- Validation of data at the database level.
- Testing mimics
- Interface integration and testing for various subsystems – Communications (COM), Automatic Fare Collection (AFC), Public Address and Public address and Voice Alarm (PAVA), Passenger Information System (PIS), Building Management System (BMS), etc.
- Troubleshooting interface drivers, database logic, networks and applications
- Support development and defect fixing of SCADA Software interface drivers
- Testing and commissioning of SCADA system according to Static System Integration Test (SSIT) procedures.
- Test using Verification and Validation Methodology
- and co-ordinate testing of the work packages.
- Management of version and configuration control
- Coordinate the T&C installation requirements with the Installation Manager to perform tests onsite.
- Reporting of daily progress and any notifiable incidents or accidents
- Be safety conscious in terms of method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or T&C defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing SCADA related Snag items through to completion.
- Participate in Installation Test Procedure witnessing as and when directed
- Dealing with any site specific queries – escalating unresolved issues where appropriate
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the Installation Manager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met.
Knowledge / Qualification
Job ID: 96775
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time