Field Service and Repair Operations Manager - Power Generation Services
Scope of the role
Power Generation Services (PS) Operations Manager – Field Services & Repairs
An exciting mid-senior level management level role in Siemens Qatar is available for the right candidate. This role will focus on Field Service excellence and further development of Siemens repair capability in Qatar. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced manager with significant rotating equipment experience to contribute to the enhancement of Siemens services in Qatar whilst also enjoying further personal development and growth.
Siemens Power Generation Services Division looks after all Siemens customers and their installed base of equipment with respect to Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Compressors and associated generators and controls in Qatar.
The Operations Manager will be the responsible to Division Management in Qatar for all Field Services in the execution of Advanced and Standard Service work, including repair activities.
Additionally you will
be the first point of contact in the provision of specialist technical support
for internal staff and external customers for multiple Product Lines in Qatar
and also provide support in the provision of associated technical information
and technical support for Outage Planning and for supporting general sales,
EHS, project management and execution management.
What will I be responsible for in this role?
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for the Direct Line Management of Power Generation Field Service Engineers, their professional development, utilization, performance and safety on Customer Sites, including reporting and managing KPIs jointly with Business Administration staff.
Reports functionally to the RME FS Director and to the PS Country Division Lead for HR and disciplinary matters
This function contributes significantly to the EBIT targets of the business through effective utilization and performance of Field Service personnel, Outage planning, Repair workshop activities and Technical Advice provided to internal and external personnel.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible Field Service manager for all Field Service personnel in Qatar and will be responsible for their optimized utilization training and recruitment based on Market demands.
- Responsible to drive cost out, cost control and promotion of Field Services and Repair activities in Qatar.
- Provide technical support and information during the sales, project management and order execution phase for standard service and advance service business (standard & complex projects) including Qatar repair activities. Typical information provided are parts listings / recommendations, resource requirements, outage durations & programs, field service levels and skills sets, tooling requirements, repair techniques and interface with workshop experts etc.
- Technically responsible as first point of contact for the support of all product lines installed in Qatar and provide initial interface for complex technical product support to external customer base and internal Field Service personnel.
- Guide on-site Field Service personnel to troubleshoot complex technical issues and takes lead responsibility in the resolution of very complex site issues.
- Disseminate complex product knowledge to Field Service personnel. Provide feedback to Lead Country and PCCs with respect to potential product design related issues.
- Provide “Out of Hours” planning support when required for unplanned outages & incidents at customer sites
- Provide resources estimates to support the preparation of Tenders.
- Responsible for own Budget and the Utilization figures for Field Service personnel.
Competencies will include:
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the technical aspects of rotating equipment and associated workshop repair activities and processes.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures relating to the local and PCC businesses including service and repair activities
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing a successful resolution to impact complex problems.
- Demonstrate awareness of the commercial impact of technical recommendations.
- Demonstrates a good understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field with successful demonstration of delivering key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Engineering degree would be beneficial.
- Experience within the Oil and Gas Market with exposure to Turbines, Compressors and Generators.
- Direct Management and Supervision of multiple levels of Field and Repair Service personnel (Ranging from Field Service Engineer to Technical Support Specialist to Technicians and Inspectors)
Job ID: 96783
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time