Global Product Manager Direct Digital Controllers 80% - 100%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Our business unit is responsible for the Field Devices and OEM Controllers, two core pillars of the Siemens Building Technologies Division. We work in close collaboration with our colleagues from Research and Development, Manufacturing and Global Sales organization to guarantee the highest degree of customer satisfaction and therefore commercial success. To continue our strong growth of sales and to maintain our position as one of the market leaders, we are currently searching a Product Manager for Direct Digital Controllers (DDC).
Your new responsibilities
- Main task is to further push our market share for compact controllers for residential and commercial applications, around 15 different products. Your work is an essential contribution to a successful product portfolio and you are the key person for the success in the coming years
- Manage the entire lifecycle (market understanding, requirements definition, roll-out preparation, customer acquisition support with sales as technical expert) of a range of modular controllers inclusive extension boards and communication cards
- Communicate with your stakeholders globally: conduct meetings, evaluate, review and facilitate the next technological step with your contributions. Establish best practice working models and multiplicate them globally.
- Market your product among all relevant stakeholders like external clients, regional partners, internal stakeholders within BT
- You contribute ideas to the further development of our product portfolio
- Collaborate with our quality management where necessary
Your skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering or comparable
- Suitable applicants are experienced with DDCs and or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Understanding of communication protocols like Modbus, BACnet, LIN Bus and any proximity to the HVAC business would be great assets to be successful in this job
- Experience with IT related technologies (e.g.: TCP/IP; Webservices, Cloud technologies….) is a clear plus
- Having a back-ground in Software engineering / PLC Programming will make your life easier
- In terms of seniority, we are primarily looking for a mid-level person, offering around 3-6 years of experience
- A good communication and a driven personality are essential in this position, as you work with stakeholders having a potentially different perspective of priorities. Strong negotiation skills are needed on a daily base
- Any experience working within large global companies is welcome. A mindset that helps you to cope with diverse cultural backgrounds and different ways of working is expected
- Business fluent English is a must, ideally you speak German as well to thrive in our environment
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at www.Siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job Title at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 96786
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time