Maintenance Controller (ISST - In Service Support Technician)
We are currently looking for an experienced engineer to join our maintenance control team based from the Regional Operations Center (ROC) at Three Bridges and within Three Bridges Depot in Crawley. Your primary responsibility is for providing first line technical support over the phone to operational staff, plus managing failures and serious incidents on the rail network. A secondary responsibility will be to align with the performance team for the investigation of service incidents and failure route cause analysis.
What are my responsibilities?
- Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) in the role of Control Room Technician co-located in the Control Room/ Building, managing in service faults and failures, planning depot maintenance requirements and providing first line technical assistance to operations staff
- Co-ordinate the deployment of Technicians to any failed unit if deemed necessary
- Manage and co-ordinate main line defects, failures and serious incidents
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with Rail Group Standards and the Siemens Rolling Stock VMI
- Ensure satisfactory close out of safety related traction on rolling stock incidents
- Management and control of relevant fleet downloads and electronic data
- Maintain fleet competence and fault-finding skills
- Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff (SPOC)
- Provide technical guidance to assist Line of Route maintenance staff (including Technical Riding Inspectors)
- Carry out Technical Riding Inspector duties when required
- Plan scheduled and out of course depot maintenance requirements
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents/Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner
- Ensure that all reporting IT systems are updated in a precise and efficient manner
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Sitting at the customer site, maintain a professional image of Siemens and develop good relationships to ensure opportunity for future business, and working process
- Undertake delay attribution and failure route cause investigations
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- HNC in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems / software
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock allocated to the depot (preferred)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Life at Siemens
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Great minds think differently
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Different genders, ages, races and sexualities. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. That’s how you create change.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 96860
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time