Customer Service Engineer_Cape Town
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as a Customer Service Engineer based in Cape Town.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You complete a broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customer’s equipment and systems among others.
- You support customers remotely and onsite and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- You contribute to or conduct the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories
- You contribute to or execute activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management
- You may be involved in technical design and developments for service offerings as well as manage sub-contractors and monitor delivery.
- You will support all service processes and ensure optimal performance & efficiency in all process activities related to your area of responsibility.
- You will participate in training courses, including self-study, computer courses and on the job training as well as participate in skills development and knowledge transfer within the Customer Service Team.
- You will perform any other duties that may reasonably be expected from a Customer Service Engineer.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (light current) or Clinical Engineering and/or knowledge on Healthcare sector with 3-5 years of experience in repair and maintenance of diagnostic equipment.
- You must be able to work overtime during week and weekends as well as on public holidays.
Good to know: You must be available on short notice to travel country wide and to Africa due to operational requirements and on long term projects as well as travel outside of the region to assist nationally.
What else do you need to know?
- This role provides support mainly for the Cape Town region however you may be required to support other regions and countries.
- You need to have a valid passport
- You need to have a valid South African drivers license.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must not have restrictions to travel within SADC and abroad.
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 97247
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time