Technical Support Engineer (Controls)
Reporting to the Regional Technical Services Manager, the successful candidate will be based at the services headquarters in Warwick and will work with a diverse team of engineers across the AGT organisation.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
What are my main responsibilities?
• Provide 1st line technical support solutions for our gas turbine product range in Central and Western Europe for both short term and long term operational issues, working with a variety of teams across the business
• Compile Technical and Safety Documentation for planned and un-planned maintenance
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers
• Take ownership of customer technical issues
• Interface with the customer to present updates on technical issues
• Analyse and interpret unit performance data, including high speed data logs and provide technical recommendations.
• The role is predominately office based, with occasional travel to other Siemens and customer sites worldwide
A degree or equivalent professionally accredited or recognised in an engineering discipline preferably relating to the fields of Controls, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, and Software.
Working experience with industrial controls systems applications and industrial IT networks, specific experience with Allen Bradley RS Logix5000, Siemens S7, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC would be advantageous or having worked with similar products used for the control and protection of industrial gas turbine technology or general process plant operations.
You will be able to problem solve, conduct Root Cause Analysis and effectively communicate findings.
Practitioner of a Systems Engineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
Strong communication and reporting skills in English is important, with an appreciation of cultural differences that comes with a global customer base.
High level of customer understanding and customer focus
Travel overseas and offshore may be required on occasion in support of main responsibilities
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world’s leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 97420
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time