Oracle Database Administrator (m/f)
Information Technology is core to our future. Be part of this change.
At the Siemens
Lisbon Tech Hub we are reinventing the world of today and tomorrow. Technology
advances almost every day. As one of our IT specialists, you can help us find
new ways of utilizing it so that businesses can work more efficiently and
effectively. Whether it’s supporting the digitalization journey and new
data-based business models or developing best-in-class security systems to keep
customer details safe from cyber-attacks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Install, configure, operate and upgrade Oracle server software and related products
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain database security according to Siemens security guidelines
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring according to oracle best practices
- Create and maintain documentation regarding operations
- Perform administrative activities outside business hours when required
- Perform on-call duty support when required
- Perform general technical troubleshooting, initiate and implement measures to prevent errors, initiate escalation processes if necessary
- Interface with Oracle support when necessary
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 3+ years Oracle DBA hands on experience in versions 11g and 12c
- Extensive experience performing installation, upgrades, backup/recovery (RMAN), patching, monitoring and day-to-day support (customer care)
- Extensive experience in sql tuning, database tuning and performance monitoring
- Extensive experience in Linux and Windows Administration
- Knowledge in Dataguard and Heterogeneous services is a plus
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing) is mandatory
- Oracle Certifications are a plus
- Knowledge in administering MySQL or MS SQL Server is a plus
- Knowledge in Apex or PL/SQL development is a plus
- Knowledge in Monitoring Tools (Nagios, Thruk) is a plus
- Knowledge in Splunk is a plus
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application in English
Job ID: 97564
Organisation: Global Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time