Lean Expert - Manufacturing
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our team as a Lean Expert to outline, develop and deploy the continuous improvement strategy framework across the manufacturing in line with business lean strategy and industry best practice.
You will coach, train and embed lean methodologies and techniques across manufacturing to ensure that a rigorous structured approach to the application of continuous improvement projects and structured problem solving becomes the normality in manufacturing.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation and drive the implementation of best practice lean vision, strategy, policies and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Develop and execute a robust continuous improvement strategy in partnership with the Manufacturing Management Team and key business stakeholders.
- Act as a trainer, coach and mentor and to drive and facilitate continuous improvement activities focusing on products, systems, operations & processes throughout the business.
- To deploy appropriate methodologies to problem solving and facilitate teams to solve problems and to ensure the escalation process for problem solving is effective.
- Must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working within an environment of continuous improvement & lean manufacturing.
- Formal Lean Manufacturing experience (e.g. Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5s, DMAIC, Visual Management etc.).
- Degree in Manufacturing / Engineering / Industrial Engineering preferred with an understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes.
Your personality and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Planning and prioritising skills.
- Work collaboratively across all functions.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts.
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer a subsidized restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Job ID: 97690
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time