Customer Service Engineer - Leeds / Yorks
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service Engineer to join our Yorkshire-based team at Siemens Healthineers.
Our Customer Service Engineers work alongside our customers within the Healthcare Sector to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a range of medical equipment and address customer support issues promptly and professionally. This is a field-based role with significant requirement to work at customer sites. For this role, candidates will ideally be based in the Yorkshire / Leeds region.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
- Work in co-operation with the Support Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and
- Installation of Siemens Healthcare products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
- When applicable provide out of hours technical service support and complete individual mandatory weekend working provision.
- Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work toward completion of Siemens
- Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers.
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
- Maintain good communications and team working with all Managers and Colleagues.
- Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is compromised or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met.
- Understand and comply with Siemens work instructions, quality policy and codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with policy.
- Complete personal administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in an Electronics or Engineering
- Ideally you will have previous field service experience where you have undertaken fault finding on electronic equipment. You will also be required to have strong IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
- Your customer facing skills will be invaluable, as you will be required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within Siemens / Third parties, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and must quickly gain the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
- A flexible approach to travel, providing out of hours technical support and working planned weekend and evening work is required.
- You must hold a full UK driving license.
Attendance of training courses and technical seminars in the UK and abroad will be required.
Area covered is largely in Yorkshire region and the surrounding counties. Candidates can expect to spend circa 4 hours travelling each day.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there.
We’re also deeply invested in our 48,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the
boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common
purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and
dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect
each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we
Job ID: 97717
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time