Digital Internship - Northampton
How do you shape the future of Digital Operations?
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and innovation. We need ambitious individuals to explore the varied and exciting areas of our business.
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude who want to help to make a difference in the world.
What are we doing?
Digitising the Siemens trains and making that data talk. How do we use that data to shape how businesses can operate faster as well as increase their efficiency and safety? Our vision is to implement the most sophisticated data collection tools so they diagnose, assess and predict their condition to maximise availability and comfort - safely and cost effectively.
Trains are expensive things. Their shells can last in excess of thirty years, yet software evolves a full generation in only three years. The systems we are deploying will bring older trains online; enhancing safety, reliability and passenger comfort as well as bringing intelligence to how businesses maintain their trains, plan and deliver overhauls and manage the supply chain.
We are designing a market leading product suite with intuitive reporting and a best in class user experience. We are offering our solutions to the rail industry in the UK and abroad. During that process we are continuously developing our reporting tools, our value proposition models and our sales strategy.
During this placement, you will have the opportunity to support and be involved in areas such as:
- Increasing connectivity of trains, where a number of work streams are ongoing to increase the data we can send from the trains online to the cloud-based platform Railigent
- Transferring working practices in the depot towards use of online data and working with Railigent
- Investigating further opportunities towards condition-based maintenance based on remote monitoring capabilities of train systems, e.g. HVAC and doors etc
- Developing Railigent applications using data from the maintenance management system in the depot for users in logistics and production
- Integrating automated measurement technologies and optimising maintenance practices using such data sources
We are looking for an adaptable, innovative and flexible individual who can undertake a variety of different tasks.
Do you want to be part of a team that is innovative, with an entrepreneurial mindset? Are you excited by delivering change through technology? Do you want to drive innovation to design, build and deploy new projects?
- You will be studying towards a degree in an engineering or computer science related discipline, working at a 2:2 or above
- You will be analytical with a keen eye for detail
- You will be an excellent team player whilst maintaining an independent perspective
- You will have well developed communication skills both written and verbal
- You will have a keen interest in technology and digitalisation
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 97726
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time