For our Digital Grid Business Unit, we are looking for a Power System Design Engineers who will be responsible for phasor-based models of protection devices, developing programs and macros for customized protection studies
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and implement detailed phasor-based models of protective devices on CAPE software enviroment, primarily modern digital relays, reclosers.
- Develop programs and macros for customized protection studies with CAPE software
- Develop and extend models for conventional and inverter-coupled (wind/solar) generators, FACTS devices, etc., for use in the protection system simulation environment.
- Establish excellent customer relations and analyzes customer’s business requirements.
- Develops and apply methodologies to meet customer needs.
- Compliance with regulations and company policies.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor Degreee in Electrical Engineering with a special talent and interest in power system modeling, protection, and software development. M.Sc./Ph.D. degree in Electrical Power System Engineering is an asset.
- Strengths in human interface, data management and data conversion, and general software development techniques and practices
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a power system protection engineer.
- Practical experience in using advanced power system analysis tools.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English.
What else do I need to know?
- No restriction for travelling abroad. (On the job training in Ann Arbor, Michigan/USA for 3 months)
Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the
potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of
candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy
relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we
believe we can create differences together.
is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome
applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we
are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you
complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we
will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
find more information from our web site
you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
216 459 20 00
Job ID: 97886
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time