Software Engineer - User Interface
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
- Design, implement, enhance, and maintain software as a member of the Architecture team for a large CAD application, NX.
- The Architecture team builds tools and services to be used by all NX applications to ensure a common user experience across applications and platforms, including desktop and web.
- Architecture and User Interface software spans multiple areas including:
- Native User Interface software on Windows and Linux. Examples are command access, dialogs, theming, and UI toolkits.
- Visualization and Display software using OpenGL. Examples are cutting edge high end rendering, selection, and gestures.
- New Technology Investigation, Innovation, and Integration. Examples are virtual and augmented reality, cloud architecture and User Interface, and new input paradigms.
- Responsible for requirements definition, analysis, design, coding, documentation, and quality assurance.
- Develop projects with efficient algorithms and state-of-the-art technology.
- Utilize object-oriented / structured programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is high quality and the architecture is maintainable, modular, encapsulated, and expandable.
- Contribute as a team member in setting future direction
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Knowledgeable in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- Strong coding skills in C++ or JAVA
- Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of advanced data structures.
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 97967
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time