EHS Officer (Power Generation Services)
We are looking for EHS engineer for our Energy business.
The Lead EHS engineer (Power Generation Service EHS officer) is a position assigned to support in:
• specific industrial projects (energy generation/distribution, construction sites, oil and gas etc.),
• and overall governance functions of corporate EHS (Zero Harm Culture and Reporting tool implementation) in Siemens Russia.
The Lead EHS engineer will provide support to project and sales team members on all aspects of the bid and execution phase of the project including EHS planning, implementation of EHS project specific strategies, reporting and primary EHS contact for respective Clients.
What are my responsibilities?-
• Ensure full compliance of the EHS processes to the Russian legislation and corporate rules,
• Coordination of Zero Harm Culture and Safety Essentials programs implementation,
• Preparation of reports including IT tools, analysis of KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
• Implementation of corporate reporting tool Quentic in Russia and assigned countries,
• Leading, organizing and conducting trainings in EHS field.
Responsibilities in the Projects
• Formally and publicly accept the role to provide visible, strong and active EHS leadership within the projects, acting as a champion for zero harm culture, environment, sustainable future and wellbeing, in close cooperation with the Customer, subcontractors and other relevant project stakeholders, in all project phases, including:
• Opportunity development, Bid preparation, Contract negotiation and project hand over phases, Project opening and clarification, Detailed planning, Construction/installation, Commissioning phase, Project closure.
• Support and advise the project team members in defining and managing the implementation of the project specific EHS plan,
• Identify EHS related rules, regulations and contractual obligations applicable to the project. Periodically monitor changes to applicable legislation, guidelines and Siemens management system requirements, and where relevant, advice and support project team and stakeholders of changes,
• Determine appropriate/required means for management of EHS aspects and compliance with rules and regulations and incorporate in overall project plan and budget,
• Actively participate and if required coordinate hazard identification and risk management processes during the project planning phase,
• Review and comment on Client and sub-contractors EHS documentation. Support and participate in audit of sub-contractors and activities for preparation and follow up activities, and close out actions,
• Plan, initiate and coordinate continuous improvement actions for all phases of the projects. Ensure good practice sharing and feedback of experience e.g. through continuous improvement workshops and project assessments.
What do I need to qualify for this job?-
• Higher Education (EHS or Technical are preferred) within a structural, electrical or mechanical area is preferred, but not a formal prerequisite;
• Occupational safety qualification as required by Russian legislation;
• Environmental, health and safety related trainings;
• Deep knowledge of RF EHS legislation, international standards (ISO 14001, ISO 45001),
• Knowledge and experience in the following areas/operations: Lifting operations, hot works, work at height, confined spaces, off shore platforms, PTW procedure, Suspension of work etc.
• Experience in audit conducting (in regard of RF legislation as well as ISO/OHSAS requirements implementation)
• Experience from oil and gas, industrial and or construction business or similar, including EPC projects,
• Significant experience (minimum 5 years) within operational EHS and knowledge of domestic and international EHS legislation, and industry standards,
• Proven track record in large projects in multicultural environments,
• Fluent in English,
• Good communication skills across all levels, from ground workers to senior management,
Business trips up to 40% of work time.
Job ID: 97977
Organisation: Human Resources
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time