The candidate will join the Siemens DG software Customer Solution and Delivery team. The successful candidate will – along with other team members – be responsible for testing and certifying the quality of the various applications within Siemens Water Management software platform. This Windows- and Web-based platform is used by national and international water utilities to conduct Water Management studies that aid in the maintenance, stability, and expansion of the water transmission and distribution infrastructure. Given this importance, we are looking for the brightest talents to join our team.
• Identify, record, document and track bugs until resolved to Quality Assurance standards
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using test automation tools such as Selenium, QA WizardPro etc.
• Create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases using test case management tools like Helix, HP ALM, Q-Test, or X-ray etc.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and ensure, via testing, that product conforms to requirements
• Perform regression testing to verify that bug fixes and new features do not introduce defects elsewhere in the product
• Perform performance testing to applications comply with established performance requirements
• Liaise with internal teams (Engineering and Product Management) to identify system requirements, process improvements and quality metrics
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect leakages, defect trends etc.
• Stay abreast of new testing tools, strategies, quality assurance processes
• Work with customers on resolution of software issues and – if needed – shepherd the resolution through subject matter experts, application owners, trainers, or other technical resources
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student or master student in in Civil or Computer Science Engineering; Computer Science preferable
• Able to work 2-3 days/week in ODTÜ Teknokent during winter time, 4-5 days/week during summer time.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box application testing
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes required
• Basic to intermediate programming skills required
• Experience with test case management tools like Q-test, X-Ray, Helix or other such tools required
• Good communication and presentation skills in English, both written and verbal, required
• Strong organization skills and ability to effectively self-manage and multi task
• Team player, customer focused with interpersonal skills, positive and energetic attitude
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Knowledge of SQL, scripting preferred
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to
potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to
receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic
illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers
and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity
and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities
within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you
ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Job ID: 97980
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time