Quality Manager in Projects
Role & Responsibilities
The duty of the QMiP is to operatively support the Project Manager as expert and partner by planning, supervision, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities with regard to failure prevention, effective processes (pro-active & re-active) and continuous improvements over the entire PM@Siemens process. Of particular importance is the authority to intervene at any stage in the project, if proceedings impact targeted results negatively. The QMiP reports to the Head Of Operational Quality and supports the Project Delivery Management Team by acting as a member of the core project team .
- Stakeholder Management : Support Project Management in planning and securing milestone results in the execution phase of the project. Key point of contact between Siemens AG QMIP and Project Delivery team.
- Quality planning and control: Ensure all appropriate traceable processes are established in order to analyse & monitor proper fulfilment of contractual and committed requirements. i.e. Ensure Project Team compliance with PM@Siemens & Project Instructions.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the Project Site Quality Plan. Maintenance of the Quality records
- Ensure Supply Chain Quality Plans are obtained and reviewed by Technical Experts and continuously monitored.
- Ensure Supply Chain activities are based on project-critical factors and quality related KPI´s and defined targets.
- Ensure Quality Documentation requirements are communicated to and understood by the Supply Chain.
- Act as NCR responsible for reporting and investigation of quality incidents using NCR+ and cause-effect analysis results of quality problems
- Quality standards in processes / projects: Ensure proper execution of the Quality Gate process by active involvement in the preceding readiness checks and participation in Q-Gate meetings, Escalation of project issues to Project Manager, BU (or regional) QM
- Quality reporting: Quality status reporting to Project Management, Regional QM and other defined parties based on agreed KPI´s . Audit Reporting, Inspection reporting . Trend Analyses and reporting to the Regional Change Control Board. Promotion of quality targets to all people affected or involved.
- Supplier management: Planning & ensuring the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external) with the specific focus on availability of sufficiently detailed Field Quality Plans and ITPS interface definitions and standards. This includes the application of supplier-related requirements, such as selection, qualification, development, integration, supervision and auditing.
- Continuous improvement: . Facilitation of Lessons learned and support of Good Practice Sharing through trend analyses of NCRs and presentation to the Change Control Board. Ensuring feedback of experience at cross-functional project meetings, etc.
- Audits and assessments: Planning of and participation in Project & Supply Chain audits, assessments, reviews and status meetings. Analysis of the results with definition and effective implementation of appropriate (improvement) measures.
- Quality Coaching : Training of project employees with regard to quality tools 1. NCR + 2. (risk analysis, FMEA, review techniques, cause-effect analysis, 8-D-method, etc.), 3. process awareness (role, content, benefits for subsequent process stages etc) and specialist knowledge
- Several years' experience in other areas of responsibility of project execution
- Experience of working with Certification Bodies
- Qualification (Degree in / Mechanical / Electro Technical / Information Technology
- Chartered Quality Professional
- Managing Defects and Customer Complaints
- Experience in an operational Quality Role
- IRCA registered Lead Auditor
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 98070
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time