Proposal Engineer - Gas Turbine Mechanical System
What are my responsibilities?
As a Proposal Project Engineer for Combine Cycle Power Plant auxiliary systems
- Responsibilities include:
- On-site support for customer meetings & workshops with design institutes during pre-acquisition phase
- Proposal preparation for auxiliary systems including cost calculation & risk assessment
- Technical clarification and negotiation during bid submission & contract negotiation phase
- Participate project handover meeting with PM and Customer Order Engineering (COE)
- Technical support on local sub-supplier qualification & clarification, conduct necessary design changes, to meet cost reduction target and local codes & regulations requirements.
- Support on final inspection at supplier’s manufacturing plant and participate in the factory acceptance test, if required
- Ability to travel in China 30%.
- Work in a cross-functional team with sales, procurement, quality management, project management, local and global engineering teams for proposal project and new supplier qualification.
- Coordinate gas turbine auxiliary system design activities and interfaces with internal & external engineering disciplines, procurement department.
- Support local service group, as required.
- Work with external contractors, as required.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or Thermal Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in power plant system engineering.
- Good knowledge and experience in design of gas turbine or steam turbine auxiliary systems, site experience in installation and commissioning would be a plus.
- Good knowledge in domestic Codes & Regulations on power generation
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving capability
- Proven intercultural experience
- Good command of both oral & written English
Job ID: 98147
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time