Head of „Future of Automation” Technology Field (m/f/diverse)
What part will you play?
- You oversee the budget of all Division-funded, government-funded and centrally funded projects in your Technology Field. You define the technology strategy of the unit and represents CT to international research partners worldwide, as well as to our internal collaboration partners in the Business Units.
- You identify new or white space technologies especially those which may cause a paradigm shift in Siemens business. You assess risks and opportunities of the identified technologies and define and implement an appropriate research strategy.
- You plan and control the Technology Fields budgets (incl. proportion of central funds and Division funded projects) to ensure technology expertise at CT and transfer of technology into Siemens products and solutions.
- You develop and implement the Technology Field strategy in alignment with the CT strategy; this includes strategic positioning and planning of respective TF (mid / long term) incl. technology portfolio management.
- You manage and implement technology roadmaps and ensure optimal global footprint for this technology field.
- You acquire projects in alignment with CT processes.
- You show global presence in key regions with a focus on developing a stronger footprint in emerging economies.
- Relationship management with assigned Siemens Divisions on a strategic level and with the BU CTOs/CEOs, VPs, heads of R&D and experts is also part of your activities in order to represent CT at the assigned divisions and to exchange information about technological strategies and acquire new cooperation projects.
- You have a University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- You have a minimum 12 years work experience in various development functions.
- You have a long-time experience in defining, implementing and managing research programs and in research and innovation management strategy.
- You are an expert in automation including all phases of the automation lifecycle, in autonomous systems and Robotics and in automatic feedback control.
- You have demonstrated 5-7 years leadership experience in R&D environment already and are experienced in Change Management.
- You are long term experienced in collaborations with international teams.
- You also have a broad domain expertise of most relevant Siemens businesses and you can explain the value of technical concepts and to communicate at Board-level.
- You have a good standing in company-internal network, with management and senior experts.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Peter Wiebories.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 98238
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time