HVDC Technician - Ramsgate
Siemens Energy Management has an exciting opportunity for an Operational Technician. You will ensure that the HVDC converter stations are kept in good operational condition such that, to the extent that can be achieved through a maintenance programme, they will continue to meet performance requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensure compliance with Work Specifications, Local Management Instructions, statutory Requirements and Health & Safety Issues.
- Conduct safety monitoring of both Siemens and contractors staff.
- Plan, develop and implement maintenance routines for all plant and equipment within scope of the contract.
- Assist in the development of existing and new processes to enhance the quality of service provided to the customer.
- Ensure a safe working environment is provided at all times, and obtain or develop any necessary documentation such as, risk assessments and Method Statements.
- Plan day to day work, anticipate problems and accomplish tasks to standards of quality and time.
- Act as Interconnector Operator.
- Take part in a 24/7 365day per year standby rota and provide flexible support whenever possible to support others who are on call.
- Act as SAP under appropriate safety rules (if required)
- Investigate and rectify faults and prepare, where necessary, reports to comply with QA and customers requirements.
- Interpret test and inspection reports and initiate appropriate action.
- Ensure that all maintenance documentation is completed and uploaded on Maintenance Management System as specified in O&M procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out to a satisfactory quality and technical standard.
- Complete weekly time sheet for monitoring workload.
- Carry out other duties within competence as directed by the appropriate supervisor
- Undertake training in order to develop as necessary.
- Provide a technical, engineering and advisory service to other staff in areas where have particular expertise or experience.
- Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Formal qualification to HNC level desirable but not essential
- Authorisation under HV safety rules desirable but not essential
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within a maintenance environment on industrial sites / electrical substations.
- IT Literacy (MS Office including MS Project etc)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful organisational skills.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful team working abilities.
- Demonstrate evidence of understanding of H & S legislation and Risk Management Process.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 98393
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either