UX Researcher (w/m/d) for Railigent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- As Railigent UX Researcher you will define how Railigent applications have to work and to look in order to be desired by our users. Your main responsibility is to establish new methods to identify and document user requirements for Railigent applications as well as the emotions they trigger.
- You will be working closely with the UI designer, the UI developers as well as the product owners/managers. Our Goal is to establish an ergonomic, stunning, intuitive and innovative visual design of our new and existing Railigent applications.
- You will identify existing and potential Railigent user’s needs to allow us build perfectly fitting and highly desirable Railigent applications.
- You will ensure an excellent user experience concerning new Railigent applications and improve user experience of existing Railigent Applications by carrying out e.g. user interviews, observations (shadowing) and expert reviews.
- You will analyse the context of use of Railigent users and evaluate concepts concerning UX criteria.
- Furthermore you will develop and introduce methods to measure the user experience of new and existing Railigent applications and carry out workshops to explain UX to developers, product owners and management.
- As part of our application lifecycle management process you will define and introduce an UX quality gate.
- You have a Master’s Degree in an UX-related field and long time professional experience as an as UX researcher or in a similar area.
- Furthermore you hold profound knowledge of UX methods and experience in their application, e.g. Design Thinking techniques and Design Sprints.
- You are able to prepare concepts as well as to consult e.g. users, product owners, developers and the management.
- You have excellent social and communication skills.
- Your English is fluent, German skills are a plus.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 98470
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time