UI Designer for Railigent (m/f/d)
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- As Railigent UI Designer (m/f/d) you give data meaning by designing intuitive, recognizable and state-of-the-art user interfaces of new and existing Railigent applications. Your main responsibilities are to establish UI designs, style guides, HiFi mock-ups or prototypes.
- Working closely with the UX researcher, the UI developers as well as the product owners/managers, our goal is to establish an ergonomic, stunning, intuitive and innovative visual design of our new and existing Railigent applications.
- You will prepare interactive mock-ups or prototypes to verify the achieved user experience with real users as well as to prepare wireframes, user flows, process flows, etc. to communicate design ideas and the interaction concept.
- You will present key deliverables (wireframes, interaction concept, mock-ups, etc.) to stakeholders (user, product management, senior management, etc.) clearly explaining pros and cons of your design decisions.
- Furthermore you will develop the look & feel of Railigent applications, define them as new standards and document them (e.g. in style guides) to ensure Railigent applications feature a consistent look.
- Standardly you will use Siemens style guides and UI concepts as basis for your designs, while not being afraid to challenge them if you don´t see them fit.
- You will be using state-of-the art tools and methods, while always looking for new developments regarding (design) tools needed for your work and convince decision makers of the usefulness of these new tools for you and our organization.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in an UI design-related field and profound experience as an UI designer or in a similar area.
- Furthermore you hold profound knowledge in UI-related tools, wire-framing & prototyping, workflows, use cases and usability testing (HTML/CSS knowledge and understanding of web development is a plus).
- You hold experience in the application of Design Thinking techniques and Design Sprints.
- Your English is fluent, German skills are a plus.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 98471
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time