Service Engineer - Plant Owner ( Resident Engineer)
The Siemens Power Generation Services Division
offers a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, to enable our
customers within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing
industries to achieve high reliability and optimal performance of their
rotating power equipment.
In addition to our conventional services we offer Digital Services that enable customers to create new business models and manage their risk, improve their performance and ultimately increase their profitability.
External Job Title: Plant Owner Resident Engineer
Grip Title: Service Engineer
About the role
Completes technical-oriented service tasks of various scopes and supports in planning and managing these tasks.
- First point of contact on client site
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks To support the client on all operational and maintenance requirements
- Determines priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measures accordingly.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management (partly before PM100).
- Adheres to relevant processes and regulations.
- May be involved in technical specification for service offerings.
- Running plant maintenance technical & quality support.
- Provide refurbishment scope of work recommendations with the support of the Siemens PCC’s.
- Support to Prepare Turbo-generating unit modernization and upgrade proposals.
- Conduct incident investigations and recommendations.
- Support in the review process of turbo-generator plant operating procedures.
- Provide technical support to customer turbine engineers.
- Planned maintenance scope of work review and recommendations.
- Responsible for order entry and revenue BTA target achievement.
What do I need to qualify?
- Minimum BEng/BTech Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relavant experience will also be considered
- Optional - registered with ECSA as a PrEng
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work remotely onsite
- Must have 5 – 10 years experience working on Turbine
- Must have worked within the maintenance environment within Power Generation as an Engineer/Mechanical Fitter
Job ID: 98636
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time