Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager for our Northampton Depot. The Technical Manager is accountable for the technical, safety and performance issues associated with the Thameslink fleet. This includes ensuring that the fleet reaches its optimum reliability and availability levels and will provide the first point of contact for the customer for all technical aspects. Ensure the fleet remains fully compliant with all Rail industry regulations, standards and Siemens policies.
- Manage the investigation and resolution of any safety, technical, or reliability issues relating to the fleet.
- Provide effective engineering solutions for technical issues in conjunction with commercial partners, as required.
- Develop approved engineering change procedures required to improve safety and technical performance issues.
- Responsible for ongoing development and upkeep of maintenance documentation and the impact of these changes on the maintenance process
- Manage the development of the vehicle maintenance manuals and regimes to incorporate benefits of technical improvements and maintenance enhancements.
- Identify and provide options for maintenance cost savings and revenue generating initiatives.
- Liaise with Engineering Services Manager(s) and Train Operators to provide technical information to technical queries, NIR and Safety Related Defect investigations to the point of sign off.
- Planning and allocation of technical resources to meet current and future operational requirements.
- Liaise with the Rolling Stock engineering team, other relevant internal departments, and external parties, to achieve the objectives of the role.
- Support the long-term development of the Fleet with regards to potential improvements and upgrades.
- Implement and manage reliability centered maintenance and condition-based maintenance activities
- From the monitoring of performance (by performance team), identify technical and maintenance opportunities to improve reliability and availability.
- Manage the fleet reliability improvement planning and implementation
- Collaboration with internal and external customers to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Collaboration with Engineering team to maximize delivery of efficiency, quality and safety.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team
- Actively participate in our improvement programs and, where there is management responsibility, drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
What Qualification and Experience do I need?
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience within the Rolling Stock sector from an engineering or maintenance perspective would be useful but not essential if you have highly transferable skills.
- Knowledge of engineering maintenance techniques, processes, and reliability centered maintenance and implementation
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- People Management experience
- Collaboration skills
- Experience of project planning and planning tools
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 98642
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time