Project Procurement Professional - SCM
Location: Vadodara, India
Department: Power & Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: SCM
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Plan, coordinate, monitor and support procurement for business/projects/factory with in framework of policies and guidelines of SL and SAG with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals and strive for customer satisfaction. In addition following will be the responsibilities for this position;
Responsible for coordinating with Internal / External partners, Internal such as Engineering, Commercial, Sales, Project Management, Counterparts from various locations of Siemens and External – Customers, Suppliers/Vendors, Contractors.
- Define & finalize the sourcing strategy considering the Siemens project requirements on Quality, Delivery, Technology, Cost and mapping it with available supply base capability, capacity & share of business.
- Float RFQ / Enquiry to approved vendors based on the Siemens technical specifications, provide clarifications to/from vendors for offers received and coordinate with Engineering department for techno-commercial issues.
- Offer assessment, negotiations & Order placement
- Coordination with Engineering & ensure the techno-commercial evaluation of the offers received to identify possible deviations, compare / negotiate technical, commercial and other terms/conditions/issues if any with the vendor and close them with order finalization & P.O. placement.
- Ensure O.T.D. by monitoring and follow-up on vendor activities, component readiness and material availability status against P.O.
- Supply chain de-risking - Identify and highlight potential risks, delays and ensure corrective actions are taken to minimize/manage the delays/damages/material shortages.
- To identify and develop vendors best in class meeting target cost, quality and time schedules as per business requirements.
- Improve supplier performance on the basis of feedback through periodical review on product, services & processes and achieve improvement in cost, quality & delivery time.
Support Sales department in making proposal at the bid stage .Should aim at getting best price from vendor with in required time-frame to bag the order.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- BE Mechanical - He/She should have 10-12 years of relevant experience of procurement in project business.
- Relevant experience of managing sourcing, vendor development and procurement of Heat Exchangers, heavy fabrication, Mechanical Equipment's & sub-assemblies for Power Projects.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project Management know-how
- Good communication & inter-personal skills
- Hands on experience and working knowledge on SAP-MM module
- Able to manage MS Excel spreadsheets & Powerpoint
- Ready for relocation and immediate joining
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 98778
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time