Position – Software Engineer / Software Engineer – Advanced
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) – NX CAM software solution is a leading provider of advanced solutions for machine tool programming (NC), Additive & Robotic solutions. Adopted across many industries, NX CAM software delivers proven capabilities for manufacturing in the aerospace, automotive, medical device, mold and die, and machinery industries. We tackle the challenges with 5-axis machine and robotic motion with a continuous drive for excellence and customer success.
You will be a member of the Complex Machining team within Manufacturing Engineering Unit of the Siemens Industry Software Pune. You will be tasked with the design, implementation, and maintenance of components of this application.
• Design, develop, modify/maintain and implement functionality.
• Implementation according to specifications, quality standards and schedule using an ISO certified Agile process
• Participation in internal and external technical meetings to discuss development needs and requirements
• Write and review design plans/UMLs
• Track and review your daily work Kanban board
• Validate/ensure the quality of the software through unit and system level tests
• Validate user documentation correctly defines the application
• Report on technical work and progress to project leader and development team/squad
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Masters or higher degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering (mechanical, electrical, etc.), or Computer Science
• 2 or more years of experience in programming in an object-oriented language (preferably C++) using advanced design principles and patterns
• Knowledge and understanding of OO design techniques
• 2 or more years of experience or course work developing 3D geometrical algorithms or robust mathematical solutions & architecture.
• Familiar with Windows environments
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English
o Result-oriented team player who has the ability to work independently.
o Attention to detail, accurate and methodical
o Customer oriented attitude
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 2 or more years of experience in developing CAD/CAM/CAE/Digital Simulation application software.
• 2 or more years of exposure to CAM programming software as a developer or an end-user
• Experience in user interface and infrastructure for CAD/CAM/CAE/Digital Simulation application software
• Experience with unit and system testing of CAD/CAM/CAE/Simulation application software
• Experience in commercial software development and architecture
• Experience of working in an Agile/Lean development environment