Job title: Scrum Master
Working together for the future
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger creative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our commitment to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your Chance: drive global change with us.
Change the Future with us
- As a Scrum Master you are responsible for delivering high-quality software development, on-time and within budget by motivating and guiding the scrum team with agile/lean principles and practices:
- Co-ordinate with PO for Product backlog management, concept grooming and continuous delivery of features.
- Co-ordinate with Architects for Architecture backlog management, prototypes and technical grooming.
- You should effectively guide and facilitate the sprint ceremonies to consistently achieve the sprint goals (Sprint planning, reviews, retrospective, demo, daily stand-ups, and partner meetings).
- Protect scrum team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline.
- You will work/collaborate/communicate effectively with internal and external partners (E.g. Resolve dependencies, QA, RA, Integration, Test)
- Regularly monitor and control the metrics to meet project/product goals. (E.g. sprint/release burn down, velocity, defects, etc.)
- You will guide the team with Agile/Lean principles and practices (E.g. thin slicing, reduce waste, VSM) to deliver value frequently and regularly to the customers.
- Coaching, mentoring, and fostering the culture of openness, continual improvement, and self-organizing within the team.
- Build trust & craft positive environment by empowerment, facilitating discussions, decision-making and conflict resolution with emphasis on problem solving.
- Identify and control project risks by means of prevention, mitigation and contingencies.
- Support PM for project management activities (E.g. Reporting, Metrics collection)
- Ensure that sprint work you're doing are adhering to the Quality and regulatory guidelines
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Engineering graduate with 8 to 10 yrs. of industry experience with at least 1 year of experience in Scrum Master / Lead role.
- Experience in software design and development (C# OOPS, Design principles & patterns, Data structures and test frameworks etc.)
- Experience in Project management tools and techniques. (E.g. Excel, TFS for backlog management, WBS, Estimation techniques, RCA tools...)
- Ability to effectively handle Risks, communications and partners.
- End-customer orientated with ability to recommend alternative technical and business approaches and own the team to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions.
- Able to work across multiple project teams to resolve dependencies/ ambiguous situations.
- Exposure to SVN, Git is preferred
- Strong knowledge of software engineering lifecycle and PLM processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Should be Hardworking, Approachable, self-motivated and result oriented.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 98847
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time