Senior Technical Expert - Gas Turbines
Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The senior technical expert is expected to lead technical resolutions associated with all activities at the Egypt repair facility. Specific detailed technical knowledge is as follows:
- Specific detailed understanding of turbine design and how design parameters are influenced by the repair activities at the Egypt service center.
- Expert knowledge in: advanced thermal barrier coatings, super alloy welding, super alloy brazing, metallurgical failure methods.
What are my responsibilities?
- A minimum technical experience of 12 years in gas turbine or related oil and gas industries.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook.
- Strong detailed technical experience with rotating equipment (steam turbine, gas turbine, reciprocating compressors, valves and dry gas seals) repairs and evaluating coating material specifications.
- Strong experience in lean process improvement capabilities.
- Experience with, Vacuum furnaces operation, HVOF coating booth operation, CNC programming, materials evaluations, Siemens quality systems, CMM measurements.
- Familiarity with Siemens systems and processes
- Fluency in the English and Arabic.
- Specific detailed knowledge of our H frame gas turbine, baskets, transitions, and nozzles.
- Specific detailed knowledge of NDT evaluations and their criticality.
· Detailed critical knowledge of Siemens gas turbine specifications (TLV’s).
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Black belt certification.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required, estimated 30%
- Strong technical knowledge of service related manufacturing equipment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, Master or PhD degrees in engineering is preferred.
- Travel as needed to Siemens locations to globally align the Egypt facilities with other global facilities and our expanded technical service and design communities.
- Detailed knowledge of Siemens technical materials specifications and M-vision database.
- Self-starter that can work remotely on various projects from all product lines.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 98923
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time