Surface Preparation & Inspection Specialist (Brazer)
Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The primary purpose of this position is to set up bench and floor grinding equipment, manually grind and polish surfaces of turbine blades and vanes; and saw and clean blades.
What are my responsibilities?
· Receive assignments, oral and/or written, from supervision.
· Locate blades by order number in A-frames and manually move to work station.
· Check operating procedures for priority grinding, lineup operations, and special instructions.
· Determine required tooling and fixturing; locate parts from tool crib and/or workstation.
· Set up universal packing height gauge or use standard packing height gauge to scribe or blue packing height on base of blade.
· Determine from print the packing height radius, radius around lugs, leading edge and trailing edge thickness’, and tenon radii required. Using tolerance drawings, determine tolerances for pitch thickness, inlet and exit edge thickness, and radius.
· Clean and/or replace filters in dust collectors.
· Mark, stamp, and/or record production information, manually or using computer equipment as indicated.
· Use designated precision measuring and testing devices to assure adherence to manufacturing and engineering specifications.
· Notify supervision of irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
· Deburr and clean blades and strips as directed.
· Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
· Keep work areas clean, orderly, and safe.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions. Requires the ability to perform arithmetic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, including decimals and fractions. Could require simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams. Equivalent to a high school education.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 98928
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time