Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the welding of Industrial Gas Turbine Components for the purpose of manufacture and repair in the Repair Process Department with minimal supervision according to manufacturing and customer requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Read & interpret travelers/documents to gather work instructions.
- Weld in accordance with manufacturing specifications.
- Must be able to properly set up welding station and machinery to perform welding.
- Select proper weld wire in accordance to product specifications.
- Prep and polish areas requiring weld.
- Perform repair welding and blending of gas turbine components.
- Perform structural repairs of Stationary Vane Shrouds.
- Inner Shroud Repairs both Gas and Non Gas Path Sides.
- Outer Shroud Repairs both Gas and Non Gas Path Sides.
- Belt sand/blend production components.
- Perform in-process inspection of parts.
· Able to remove excess weld and braze and grit blast.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Requires a high school education or equivalent. Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions. Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams.
- Must have successfully completed a certified welding curriculum resulting in a vocational diploma.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 98930
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time