CNC Milling Operator
Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The primary purpose of this position is to be a machine operator performing machine operation and production in the Special Process Department using various conventional and computer-controlled machines according to manufacturing and customer requirements
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist in writing part-machining programs to support new or existing CNC equipment and technologies using the appropriate programming techniques and language including but not limited to EDM, Water Jet, 5 Axis grinding, automated grit blast and shot peen.
- Setup and operate multi-axis, milling and EDM machines making all required machine settings install appropriate fixtures, and adjust programs when needed.
- Deburr work pieces and maintain material identification as required.
- Check machined parts for conformance to print requirements, using precision measuring devices. Examine machine tools, equipment and component systems to determine cause of malfunction; perform remedial action, installation and/or replacement of parts as required to maintain system operation.
- Rough and finish machine a variety of complicated parts including new and the most intricate and difficult jobs.
- Operator work-center utilizing machine controls to perform drilling, tapping, boring, milling, etc., machining operations.
- Perform machining and machine operations to ensure work is performed in a timely manner in accordance with Standard Practice instruction and customer requirements.
- Use computer system to access and enter non-conformance data; fill out all necessary paperwork.
- Identify and load proper tooling and fixtures to machines for job operations
- Assisting in creating new, and maintaining existing fixtures
- Ensure that equipment is functioning properly including daily checks as well as scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Assist in revising existing programs and the creation of developmental and experimental functions.
- Assist in developing process improvements that reduce hour, scrap, and rework.
- Review job planning packages with technical support personnel to discuss methods, procedures and equipment and ensure job documentation is complete and critical data is recorded on appropriate forms.
- Operate material handling equipment, including crane.
- Maintain equipment including assisting with scheduled preventative maintenance.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
Requires minimum of 5 years experience in a machine shop or repair shop. Demonstrate the ability to successfully setup and operate CNC controlled equipment.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 98931
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time