Sales Manager Cranes
Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particular applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide
Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbour and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments.
To enforce the sales team, the department Cranes is searching for an experienced commercial colleague with broad knowhow and interest in automation and digitalization, who strives to be best in class and to work international.
As sales manager you are responsible for the increase of sales and the achievement of defined commercial targets. You will work together with 6 sales colleagues in the sales team in The Netherlands and internationally you work closely with a global account management team of 8 colleagues. Due to the global market you will have a bi-monthly travel to Asia for approximately 30 days. Other travel locations such as the Middle East or the USA are shorter stints. As sales manager you will report to the sales group manager in The Netherlands.
What are your main responsibilities?
- Plan and realize sales volumes and potential of target customers;
- prepare, negotiate and evaluate proposals in cooperation with other involved professionals and management;
- As commercial contact, build and expand a focused network in order to develop both customer and cranes market systematically;
- Analyse and evaluate markets (both technology and product portfolio) and needs of potential or existing customers;
- Investigate and evaluate specific business opportunities for products, solutions and services by analysing mid-term investments of customers in the cranes market;
- Complete sales and revenue related key reporting in CRM systems;
- Support customers in integrating Siemens portfolio into their product offerings by providing technical feasibility studies and also commercial cost-/benefits analyses and calculations in order to demonstrate specific advantages of integrating Siemens products;
- Contributes to the development of an After Sales Service that is focused on customers' needs.
What competences are required for the function?
- Successfully completed bachelor/master degree Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with specialization automation;
- Demonstrable commercial business to business experience of which at least 5 years in international complex project environment;
- Broad technical knowledge of industrial electrical automation, experience with port/container handling is recommended;
- Communicative chameleon who is able to adapt to different cultures;
- Creative genius to advise customers with out of the box technical and commercial solutions;
- Goal oriented approach with strong scorings mentality;
- Team player, with motivational skills to deliver under time pressure;
- Fluent Dutch and English in writing and speaking, German is recommended;
- International commercial experience with China is recommended;
- Due to the high frequency of travels in different time zones a strong sense of self-support is key;
What else do I need to know?
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting. For more info, please take a look at: http://www.siemens.com/jobs/en/whats-in-it-for-you.htm
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online for the job at http://www.siemens.nl/career. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Do you want more information about this position? Then please contact Eline Prins-Corsmit 06-122 88 52 69 Please note that a medical examination and/or an assessment may be part of the application process.
Job ID: 98948
Organization: Digital Industries
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time