IT Support Engineer
Digitalisation & IT Support Engineer
Materials Solutions, a Siemens Business, requires an enthusiastic multi-skilled IT technologist to join them as they grow their business in the exciting field of industrial metals 3D printing, for which they are an acknowledged world leader.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, flexible and bring a wide skillset to support Materials Solutions on its digitalisation journey as it expands into serial production at its new factory in Worcester, UK. Overall responsibilities will span requirements definition, implementation and support in the key areas of hardware, coding, data analytics and general IT support. A particular interest in coding and databases would be useful as well as a general desire to explore new innovative solutions.
This role will form a cornerstone of our digitalisation & IT strategy, bringing new skills into the organisation.
Broadly digitalisation will cover data capture, analysis and display including exploitation of MindSphere and IIoT technologies. Much of this will involve project work. This will be supported by the following 3 areas of competence which reflect primary digitalisation responsibilities:
- Factory data acquisition including hardware specification, design and build/procurement
- Edge processing including plc programming
- Network design and implementation
- Sensor selection and installation
- Hardware and software integration
- Factory floor IT systems selection, deployment and management.
- Database design and T-SQL coding
- Dashboard development including html/Java
- Integration of SharePoint and other systems with ERP/MRP/MES
- Basic SharePoint admin and development
3. Data analytics
- Custom views in SQL server
- Tableau and other related tools
- MindSphere apps
IT support activities are expected to consume less time overall than Digitalisation activities however will often take priority based on business needs. The role requires close coordination with a number of colleagues including a third party IT support technician currently on-site 1-2 days/week. Broadly IT support will encompass support of all IT Systems working closely with IT providers in the following 3 areas:
1. Business level IT
· Ensuring that business level infrastructure (e.g. network drives, printers, Wi-Fi) remains fully operational, acting as the primary point of contact with IT providers. This would essentially cover problems affecting more than one user.
2. Individual level IT
- Colleagues are expected to solve most individual problems themselves via self service facilities (e.g. helpdesk) however the role is expected to provide a basic level of support in this area, in some cases providing a triage function.
- Responsibility for hardware setup, license configuration and related items for new starters (plus associated tasks for leavers).
3. IT procurement
· General support including requirements gathering and item selection.
Operationally, the Digitalisation Lead will work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality team members, as well as relevant suppliers. They will report to the Head of Business Processes.
- Personal characteristics:
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Self-motivated and showing initiative
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with all functions, internal and external
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Deadline focussed
- Adaptable & flexible
- Interest in coding and databases with willingness to learn new areas as required
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT/technology subject preferred but not essential e.g. electronics/electrical/software engineering.
- At least 1-2 years working in a Manufacturing environment in a relevant context
- PLC applications and programming
- Coding, for example: T-SQL, Java script, HTML
- Systems design and implementation
- Additional skills:
- Full driving licence
Job ID: 99110
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time