Gas Turbine Auxiliary System Engineer
For the Gas Turbines Customer Order Engineering in Shanghai, Siemens is seeking to fill the position of Gas Turbine Auxiliary System Engineer. He or she will work with engineering teams in Germany and use the Siemens Reference design to develop, design and maintain project specific auxiliary systems (e.g. fuel gas, lube oil, hydraulics, pneumatic), components (e.g. filter, strainer, valves) and instrumentation for large gas turbine application. Develop and / or modify actual system designs to meet customer requirements for China and Global projects.
The gas turbine power plants are configured as simple cycle or combined cycle with an output range of 200 MW to 1000 MW or more.
What are my responsibilities?
As the System Engineer for the Gas Turbine Power Plant auxiliary systems responsibilities include proposal support, new unit design, project execution and operating plant technical support for local business & service support.
- Proposal support: based on request, like support sales and marketing, participate in workshop with design institutes, review & comment to customer specifications, participate in customer negotiation meeting in China, as required.
- Project Execution responsibilities include:
- Provide design solutions for gas turbine auxiliary systems, components and instrumentation, including basic flow and pressure calculation.
- Handling and modification of system Process &Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Develop and modify documents, bill of materials, system descriptions, component functional requirement specifications, system operation descriptions, to meet project specific requirements and local codes & regulations.
- Handling the process interfaces at the terminal points to internal and external partners
- Verify, analyze, and improve designs requirements in relation to standards and codes of gas turbine auxiliaries; provide requirements for safety and process conform designs
- Prepare and participate in design reviews
- Conduct product’s final inspection at supplier’s manufacturing plant and participate in the factory acceptance test
- Conduct the clarification and progress meeting with supplier on the regular base.
- Support installation and commissioning organizations from the office and visit project site as required
- Resolve field issues as required.
- Ability to travel in China 10%.
- Work in a cross-functional team with procurement, quality engineering, project management, local and global engineering teams for project execution and new supplier qualification in China.
- Coordinate gas turbine auxiliary system design activities and interfaces with internal & external engineering disciplines, procurement department, sales, locally and globally.
- Support local service group, as required.
- Work with external contractors, as required.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or Thermal Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in power plant or industrial plant system engineering.
- Plus: Basic knowledge and experience in design of gas turbine or steam turbine auxiliary systems.
- Experience in functional design of auxiliary systems, such as fuel gas, lube oil, fuel gas, hydraulic, instrument air, as well as components like valves, pumps, actuators and control blocks.
- Knowledge of China Codes & Regulations is preferred
- Experience in application of instrumentation
- Preferred site experience in installation and commissioning of turbo engines or equivalent auxiliary and processing systems.
The candidate must possess the following key capabilities:
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface within a wide range of organizations both internally and externally regarding power plant gas turbine auxiliary systems
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multi-cultural colleagues, customers, industry experts, and university associates.
- Ability to work as part of a larger global engineering team in a collaborative manner
- Ownership and results oriented
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical background
- Strong initiative (self-starter)
What else do I need to know?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
Job ID: 99221
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time