Siemens Rolling Stock are looking for an experienced Engineering Services Manager to join our central Engineering team. You will have management responsibility for up to 8 Engineers, leading and directing the team in providing engineering governance for all of the UK Rolling Stock business. You will manage and direct effective safety processes to mitigate associated engineering risks related to safety and technical issues. The preferred location for this position is Northampton, but other major Siemens sites including Manchester, Three Bridges, Southampton and London will be considered.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management of teams engineering activities and safety/technical issues to conclusion both timely and effectively for the Engineering Services organisation, ensuring all recommendations consider implications across all fleets prior to implementation.
- Planning and allocation of engineering resources to meet current and future operational requirements.
- Accountable for the engineering services contributions (Financial and Quality) to support business performance.
- Manage engineering investigations of local and multi-fleet engineering issues.
- Provide engineering support to define the maintenance strategy ensuring a cost-effective maintenance regime whilst maximising Life Cycle Cost savings.
- Provide information & engineering support to Rolling Stock sales, Procurement teams to transfer best practice experience for future contracts & bids.
- Ensure all Siemens engineering produced specifications and documents are compliant with all relevant standards.
- Represent Siemens as required at industry technical forums
- Manage the supplier engineering relationships and support commercial discussions as required
- Liaise with internal and third-party suppliers in respect of engineering improvements, technical knowledge and product audit.
· Collaboration with internal/external customer to meet current relationships needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rolling Stock HSEW policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in Rolling Stock behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with HSEW Advisers to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
- Demonstrate competence and development in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Place Employee Safety and Wellbeing at the forefront of your team management activities, and ensure your awareness and competence in employee welfare tools (such as Mental Health First Aiders, Occupational Health etc)
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools, including: continuous dialogue, target/objective setting, appraisal and development plans, etc.
- Enable the growth and development of individuals, championing your employees development and enabling them to develop their careers using available tools.
What skills and qualifications do I need to apply?
- Experience at Engineering Manager level
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent team management skills
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral are essential
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Experience at Engineering Manager level
- Relevant Engineering degree and Chartered Engineer status
- Electrical and Mechanical systems knowledge and experience
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined Engineering teams in different locations within the Rail Industry
- Experience of project planning and planning tools
- We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 99334
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time