Lead Engineering, Plant Layout Engineer, COE LGT Packages
Lead Engineering - Plant Layout Engineer - COE LGT Packages
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position is responsible for Customer Order Projects, Plant Layout Engineering for LGT auxiliary packages including detail design using tools like Open Plant etc.
This role will be a member of the COE team and will be responsible for Plant Layout for multiple Gasturbine (GT) frames. This position is located in Gurgaon (IND), majority of the tasks will be in Customer Order Engineering but also supporting R&D and site support.
- Lead Engineering, Plant Layout Engineering represents the layout concepts for GT packages in the project resp. R&D team.
- Coordination with various disciplines within Siemens like piping, fluid system process engineering, electrical engineering and balance of plant and Civil engineering.
- Review of detailed design of equipment’s & skids including fixing with focus on interaction with other components and conformity with reference design
- Prepare basic design and (if needed) procurement drawings for GT and skid enclosures
- Review of detailed design of enclosures for the skids and main units.
- Ensure existence of escape route, fire protection and hazardous area requirements for GT package.
- Planning & Modeling of equipments, in 3d tools like Open Plant and extracting drawings including assembly drawings for layout.
- Work in global project teams
- Drive design to cost measures
- Outsourcing of design and drafting tasks to external engineering services
- Provide field/site support
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
- 3 to 10 years of engineering work experience
- 3 years in the related work
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
- Solid entrepreneurial thinking
- Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
- Good command of English language
- Interest in pushing forward of activities and active tracking of deliverables
- Good understanding of technical relationships
in power generation business or plant engineering
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Expertise in modeling tools like Open Plant or equivalent
- Knowledge of escape routes, fire protection and hazardous area requirements including NFPA
- Expertise in project engineering management
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 99399
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time