Hardware Engineer/Electronic Engineer (Circuit Design)
With our innovative and integrated technology, we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
As your trusted partner, the Process Industries and Drives division can support you in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of your products, processes and plants. We can thus help you measurably increase your productivity and improve your time to market – with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Hardware Engineer/Electronic Engineer
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Process Industries and Drives. Here, we’re hiring for a Electronic Engineer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Hardware Engineer in charge of one or more engineer projects, Engineers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide design perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You will be responsible to understand stated requirements and hardware architectures.
- We need you to ensure hardware design flow (Circuit simulation, Schematic capture, Layout) & experience in any commercial enterprise grade schematic capture tool (Altium preferred),
- You will be responsible electronic circuit design using signal chain building blocks like Op-Amps, ADCs & DACs..
- You will be working on passive component (resistor, capacitor, inductor) characteristics.
What you need to make real what matters
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Hardware Engineer (Circuit design)
- Knowledge of Test and Measurement equipment: Multimeter (6-1/2 and handheld), Oscilloscope, Signal generator
- Should be able to read and understand schematics
- Ability to understand stated requirements and hardware architectures
- Strong knowledge of hardware design flow (Circuit simulation, Schematic capture, Layout) & experience in any commercial enterprise grade schematic capture tool (Altium preferred)
- Working knowledge of microcontroller architectures (any one of ARM, AVR, MSP430, 8051 and its variants)
- Good knowledge of electronic circuit design using signal chain building blocks like Op-Amps, ADCs & DACs.
- Good knowledge of electronic circuit design using discrete semiconductors (BJT, MOSFET, Diodes)
- Strong understanding of passive component (resistor, capacitor, inductor) characteristics
- Ability to analyze analog & mixed signal electronic circuits using error budgets, Performance analysis, Sensitivity analysis etc.
- Strong analog circuit simulation skills using SPICE (any variant, LTSPICE preferred)
- Prototyping, validation and troubleshooting of electronic circuits
- Failure analysis and corrective actions for the hardware/component level issues
Nice to Have:
- Automated test system development using LabView
- Experience in using MATLAB for simulation
- Understanding of control system
This role is primarily based at Karnataka (Bangalore). However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Process Industries and Drives at: and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 99417
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time