Innovation Consultant (Energy & Smart Infrastructure)
An awesome role, helping power, energy and smart infrastructure customers discover and create value for their organisations or customers by taking them on innovation journeys.
You will be enthusiastic about design thinking and agile methodologies, rapidly co-creating and iterating value propositions, prototypes and minimal viable products alongside customers.
This job will seriously test and hone your ninja skills* through:
- Coordination and planning of customer innovation engagement activities
- Running value discovery and co-creation sessions
- Leading sprints to deliver value creation logic, prototypes and pitches
- Showing progress, highlighting and finding ingenious ways around blockers
- Having an insatiable appetite for experimentation and new things
*Key ninja skills:
We are looking for self-motivated, driven people to join our team who are engaging and resourceful. We expect you to have scars and tales to share from some of the following:
- applying agile or lean startup methods outside of software development
- commercialisation of physical technologies or systems
- business model canvas & value proposition design
- co-creation or design thinking
- solution, consultative or challenger sale customer engagement
- motivating and winning hearts and minds of customers, our leaders and employees
- technical and commercial analytical / modelling skills
With experience and knowledge in any of the areas below:
- power or energy systems
- energy market operation and regulation
- consumer / prosumer interaction with the grid
- low carbon technology integration with the grid
- power network management systems
- building management systems
The successful candidate will receive all necessary training to fill in any gaps.
We are not searching for people with exclusive experience in software development.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
The Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. The portfolio includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid solutions and high-voltage transmission systems.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Job ID: 99543
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time