Overhead Contact Lines (OCL) Engineer with ambitions
Do you have an analytical mindset and the ability to deal with complex design challenges? Then you might be our new Rail Electrification Engineer with potential to become a Discipline Lead.
We are in the process of creating a new center of competence for Rail Electrification for the Nordics. For this task we need a specialist engineer with interest and flair for Rail Electrification projects. You will join an international team with talented engineers with different professional backgrounds and expertise.
• Specialist in railway electrification especially mechanical part of it
• Engineering and design of Overhead Contact Lines (OCL)
• Interface clarification lead for OCL
• Design and dimensioning of the OCL supporting structures
• Close contact with our development engineers in Germany
• Eventually being a Disciple Lead in OCL field
• Part of the project teams responsible for the OCL field
• Part of the sales department working on offers for electrification
Siemens offer you
Possibility of working on challenging and international projects, like the Electrification Programme in Denmark, Copenhagen Light Rail
• Professional development opportunities and development of the discipline in cooperation with other skilled colleagues
• A growing department with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment
• A position that entail a large responsibility
Strong professional support from colleagues within the world’s leading Rail Electrification company. You can meet your new colleagues here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Negq4F6mc3g
The tasks in the projects are diverse and require a general and broad set of skills and capabilities within structural mechanics, project planning, technical insight, and communication as well as change management. Your experience may be:
• You have an education on Bachelor level or higher as civil engineer, mechanical engineer or equivalent education with knowledge within statics/mechanics of the structures or railway related education
• You have designing experience, preferably with Overhead Contact Lines and optionally other railway related fields
• You optionally have project management experience and knowledge within field of electrical engineering
• You have good it knowledge including AutoCAD, structural calculation software and simulations tools
• You are able to prepare both functional and detailed design material
• You can work independently and in team together with other colleagues
• You are fluent in English, some Danish skills will be an advantage
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification.
Thinking mobility further – see how Siemens connects information technology with transportation expertise: www.siemens.com/mobility
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Send us your application as soon as possible, as applications will be dealt with on a continuous basis. Please upload your CV and cover letter as one document. For further information about the recruitment process, please contact Tomas Urbonas: +45 4176 1491.
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible.
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Do you want to learn more about Siemens? Follow our, and maybe your future, workplace on Instagram @siemensdanmark.
Job ID: 99578
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time