Business Development Manager - Digitalisation - Chemical/Pharma
Digitalisation Business Development Manager
Siemens are leading the Industrial Digitalisation revolution with our products, solutions and services. With this in mind, we are seeking to recruit an entrepreneurial sales professional to drive new business in the Process Industries with our continuously developing Cloud-based Apps portfolio, utilising the Siemens MindSphere IoT platform.
IoT and Digitalisation technologies are changing everything: from the way we shop, to how we listen to music, or hail a taxi - all aspects of our daily lives are being impacted. Digitalisation is also transforming the process industries by helping companies become more productive, more flexible and increase their product quality. You could play a leading role in that revolution.
This is an exciting, high profile, opportunity to operate at the forefront of the 4th industrial revolution within the successful Siemens Process Automation business and help it grow into the future.
This role is field based with regular travel to customer and Siemens sites.
What are my responsibilities?
- Drive sales of the App portfolio from the Process Automation business.
- Use a value selling approach to understand the customers’ requirements, align with the Siemens portfolio and provide insight to generate new business.
- Ownership and delivery of co-creation based customer workshops to define key requirements to be developed through an agile approach.
- Define the *go to market- approach for the App portfolio within the Process Automation business, including evaluating potential new business models e.g. *as-a-service-.
- Collaborate with Siemens Account Management team to generate & convert sales opportunities for the app portfolio; with particular focus on the Chemical, Pharmaceutical and O&G markets.
- Support the wider Siemens Digitalisation campaigns.
- Collaborate with Cloud eco-system partners to deliver customer specific solutions
- Education of the Account Management team and channels to multiply efforts.
- Work with the Siemens community, including existing members of the Product Management and Business Development teams, to achieve company and Process Automation business unit targets.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Sales professional, preferably with experience in apps sales.
- Experience of value based and insight selling techniques
- An understanding of strategic business development techniques
- A good understanding of the wider Digitalisation topic and solutions e.g. Cloud/AI/IoT/Networks/Cyber Security/Simulation/Operations Intelligence, with demonstrated success winning new business in cutting edge technology markets
- Additionally, the ideal candidate would possess in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas markets
- Customer challenges, pain-points and decision-making processes
- Industrial automation technology e.g. Process Control Systems (DCS)
- Experience of delivery through ‘co-creation’.
- Communication is a key aspect of this role - excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required
- HND/ Degree in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science would be advantageous
Job ID: 99693
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time