Customer Due Diligence, On-Boarding and KYC Specialist Corporate Lending and Project Finance
Customer Due Diligence, On-Boarding and KYC Specialist Corporate Lending and Project Finance – Siemens Bank GmbH Singapore Branch
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us:
The Financial Services Division (SFS) provides business-to-business financial solutions. Around the globe, we support customer investments with project and structured financing as well as leasing and equipment finance. Our know-how in key Siemens markets and related industries makes us an expert manager of financial risks within Siemens and a competent investor in innovative technologies and sustainable infrastructures.
Siemens Bank is actively looking for a customer on-boarding specialist for their Singapore Branch. The Individual would work closely with the business units (BUs) to implement and operate a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting BUs along the Know Your Customer (KYC) lifecycle. This includes functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, comparing and analyzing client profiles across all BUs and quality assurance. The role is responsible for ascertaining that all KYC and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client's KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the BUs. The KYC Specialist is expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
- Exhibit the highest standards of customer orientation to both internal and external customers
- Ensuring that process outputs are timely and of high quality, in line with internal quality standards
- Single point of contact to facilitate all queries for cases within own area of responsibility, including issues around Political Exposed Persons (PEP), screening, regulatory, compliance
- Analyze AML risks associated with the client from a technical perspective, identify and escalate potential risks as appropriate
- Understanding and implementation of KYC standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Confidential handling and maintenance of sensitive client data and documentation
- Collection and verification of confidential client data via publicly available and internal sources
- Understand the firm's KYC requirements when completing documentation
- Communicating/escalating issues to management in a timely manner as appropriate
- Build strong engagement with Risk and Sales and be part of KYC/AML interactions to complete cases as per the timeline
- Drive Process improvements and implement process changes as necessary
- Proactively identifies opportunities to refine a process and increase operational efficiencies
- Ability to comprehend the KYC risk factors and draft the overall risk summary for the client
- Recommend decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
- Be flexible to multi task and effectively manage priorities across the wider functions.
- Train and coach risk and portfolio managers in order to enhance their professional knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Graduate Degree
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills; Fluency in English & Chinese language (would be an added benefit).
- Relevant KYC experience is essential with at least 2-4 years' experience (Audit, Control, Risk, AML, and Research may also be areas of experience)
- Strong understanding of KYC, AML and regulatory requirements (i.e. HKMA and MAS)
- Must be able to work and contribute effectively in a high-performance environment
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Customer orientation with strong client service skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines against a high-volume work schedule
- Experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Ability to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced production environment
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
Job ID: 99695
Organisation: Financial Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time