Finance and Commercial Manager
Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock have an opportunity for a Finance and Commercial Manager to join their team working in Three Bridges, Crawley.
You will be responsible for several large and high profile government sponsored projects, including Thameslink and Moorgate, and will work in a motivated and driven commercial team.
You will work closely alongside the project management team and other stakeholders to ensure effective financial performance and contract management.
What are my responsibilities?
• Manage forecast and budget process for multiple projects, provide appropriate commentary to Finance in a timely manner.
• Liaise closely with stakeholders to ensure it is communicated and understood in a timely manner
• Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes; ensure Financial Statements comply with Siemens guideline and local GAAP.
• Provision of accurate and timely management information to project management, Finance function and local and divisional HQs.
• Preparation and calculation of accurate Percentage of Completion models for multiple large and complex projects. • Identification and monitoring of Non-Conformance Costs, as well as preparation of Root Cause Analyses and recording in local NCC Tool.
• Capturing all costs in relation to Additional Services and Claims and negotiating settlements with Customers / Suppliers.
• Preparation and calculation of outgoing Variation Proposals, analysis of incoming Variation Proposals, negotiating with Customer / Suppliers.
• Assist operational colleagues in planning the medium and long term project requirements i.e. ensure Siemens contractual obligations will be met.
• Maintenance of Risk & Opportunity Register, drive ownership among project management for mitigation of risks and exploitation of opportunities.
• Work closely with project managers and operational colleagues to support process and productivity improvement initiatives.
• Drive innovation / digitisation initiatives within the commercial function and the project.
What experience and qualification do I need to apply?
• Prior experience in a project accounting / commercial role advantageous.
• Experience working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams.
• Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Part or Qualified accountant, CIMA or equivalent preferable.
• Technically proficient in contractual terms and conditions.
• Experience of working in SAP (Spiridon or similar).
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
About us We’re Siemens, a collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for applications is 22nd April.
Job ID: 99719
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time