Siemens Rolling Stock are looking for a profit and growth driven commercial manager to provide robust commercial and financial management and control of the Thameslink project, driving profit and growth whilst achieving the required quality and satisfying the various stakeholders.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management and responsibility for commercial activity and performance of the project
- Planning of commercial resource requirements (people and equipment) for current and future business needs
- Establishment and maintenance of appropriate commercial controls to deliver the project objectives
- Work in close conjunction with project managers, procurement, finance, sales and engineering to achieve targets
- Develop profitable customer relationships
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with Siemens values
- Identification of risks and opportunities
- Identifying and managing incoming and outgoing claims
- Ensuring business compliance with all relevant standards, processes and guidelines
- Coordinates risk and internal control management (incl. ERM, internal regulations)
- Ensures risk management is effectively carried out within the project
- Ensures robust reporting, forecasting and budget processes are in place
- Deviations from budget are identified and analysed (Non-conformance cost management)
- Coordinates and organises all commercial and financial activities within the scope of the applicable project(s)
- Manages and contributes to ongoing optimisation of processes to ensure rationalisation potential and meeting of productivity targets
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and
- Collaboration with internal/external customers to meet current needs
- Develop relationships which provide a stable foundation for the execution of the project and for future business opportunities
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Degree qualified in Business Administration or equivalent including Graduate Diploma in Commercial Management or Business Management or equivalent practical experience
- Technically proficient in contractual terms and conditions
- Able to understand key financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet)
- Worked in a commercial environment either in a management role or project accountant role (or equivalent)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for all applications is 27th February.
Job ID: 99719
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time