Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think Siemens Degree Apprenticeships are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Our International Tech Apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity allowing you to discover another culture and life outside the UK with Siemens at our offices in Berlin. It will also enable you to support key infrastructure projects within the business.
Our apprenticeship programme runs for approximately 6 years starting on 1st August 2019 with intensive German training. In Year 1 & 2 your placements will be in the Siemens plants in Berlin, Germany. In Year 3 you will have a placement in your home business to prepare you for your return to the UK.
Following that, you will integrate into the Digital Factory UK degree apprenticeship scheme where you will join one of our engineering teams within either the customer services department in Manchester or our electronics manufacturing facility in Congleton.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
The two opportunities; mechatronics engineering for people looking to work at our award winning Digital Factory facility in Congleton and one in electrical/electronic engineering for people excited by the prospect of working at our Customer Services Headquarters location in Manchester, will both lead you to a BEng in Control and Automation.
- Learning how to install, repair and carry out planned maintenance of customer equipment will enable you to work to company specifications
- Undertake the appropriate engineering apprenticeship, completing set modules on time and attending college as necessary
- Shadow colleagues, and develop an understanding of workshop procedures through on the job training
- Attend manufacturers training and other training courses as appropriate
- Learning company administrative procedures and how to complete necessary paperwork i.e. worksheets timesheets etc.
- Ensure security and correct use and issue of all tools and spares issued.
- Understand and adhere to all company legislative and Health and Safety procedures
- Under close supervision, ensure all work undertaken meets industry and company work standards
- Act at all times as an ambassador for the business, building and maintaining good relationships with customers, colleagues and managers
- Undertaking other duties which the company may from time to time reasonably request.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- To be eligible for the scheme candidates must be able to demonstrate citizenship within an EU country
- Reached the age of 18 years by 01st August 2019
- Knowledge of the German language would be advantageous but intensive training lessons are taught in German
- Demonstrate an interest in electrical and electronic engineering or mechatronics
- You must have at least 5 GCSE’s at grade C (4) or above including maths and English language
- You must have at least 3 A-Levels or BTEC equivalent in maths, physics or engineering at grade C (or equivalent) or above.
What else do I need to know?
This apprenticeship is a dual location scheme with the first half being based in Berlin and running for 3 years. In Year 3 you can expect a placement in your home country (that must be part of the European Union). Therefore, please only apply if you are excited by the prospect of living overseas for a few years. On completion of your apprenticeship you will return to your home country and work in one of our local operating companies. You will also be expected to do occasional shift work and over time as well as local UK travel to both customer and different Siemens UK sites.
As an international tech apprentice you will also be assigned a mentor to provide you with continual support. They will aid your development by increasing your exposure within the business, supporting your personal development and providing constructive feedback throughout the scheme.
Closing Date for applications is 26th March 2019
Job ID: 99929
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time