Power Plant Control Expert
Siemens is looking for a Power Plant Control Expert, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Genova. He/she will be responsible for the project execution of control and optimization projects mainly in steam and combined cycle power plants
With a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, we are the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide. Leveraging our extensive factory- and field-based service network around the world, we are ready to quickly respond to our customers’ needs for maintaining the performance of their operating plants. As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
- There is a global trend towards higher flexibility and lower emissions of conventional power plants. You work in projects which mainly target the improvement of plant flexibility based on better control strategies and measurements as well as the reduction of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
- You are responsible for the project execution of control and optimization projects mainly in steam and combined cycle power plants in Italy and abroad starting from the basic design discussion with the customer till the commissioning and acceptance and the subsequent service activities.
- You support the improvement of existing solutions based on the experiences from the projects.
And what about the medium-long term?
· You will have the opportunity of becoming the reference for power plant performance optimization in Siemens South-West Europe organization.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- Successful university degree for mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or process engineering
- Extensive knowledge in the fields of power plants, steam generators and combustion technology.
- Experiences in automation and control engineering for power plants.
- First intercultural experiences are also desirable in order to be able to assess the specific needs of foreign countries / cultures
- Fluency in Italian and English, other languages are an advantage (Spanish, German, French).
- Extensive willingness to travel.
- Strong orientation to reach the targets and to customer service, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team
What can we further offer?
· A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
· Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
· An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
· Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
· Shareholding plans for the employee;
· Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
· Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
· Meal totally paid by the company;
· Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data.
For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
information or questions you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 99956
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time