Senior Commercial Manager
The Siemens Power
Generation Services Division offers a broad spectrum of innovative products and
services, to enable our customers within the utility, oil & gas, and
industrial processing industries to achieve high reliability and optimal
performance of their rotating power equipment.
In addition to our conventional services we offer Digital Services that enable customers to create new business models and manage their risk, improve their performance and ultimately increase their profitability.
Position: Senior Commercial Professional
About the role:
A Commercial Manager who will be responsible for managing commercial operations in our Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas business unit. This role will be responsible for driving performance, optimize processes and provide strong direction in execution of all commercial tasks, with a strong ability to work independently.
- Drive performance, optimize processes
- Identify contractual risks and opportunities and recommend business oriented mitigations/ actions and/or alternative solutions in collaboration with the other members of the team.
- Ensure professional internal and external stakeholder management
- Manage customer expectations and execute projects to the satisfaction of the customer, creating additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project
- Strategic and commercial ability to play a part in the growth of the business by building a high performing finance function.
- Ensure that the company risk management methodology and agreed processes are effectively deployed and adhered to and that any significant issues within the business are brought to attention in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with IFRS reporting guidelines
- Ensure regular and accurate financial planning controlling and reporting and a concurrent costing to optimize the Business unit profit and cash flow
- Reporting to the Head of Division Commercial, and partnering with Head of Other departments to deliver the Business unit strategy.
- Pro-actively managing working capital, cash flow and funding requirements, including credit control and supplier payments
What do I need to qualify?
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good numerical skills and the ability to interpret and apply accounting and other relevant guidelines
- Result and quality orientation with an eye for detail to ensure an excellent accuracy of work
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail - ability to express complex commercial issues simply and coherently is essential
- Professional qualification with relevant accounting body (i.e. ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc)
- 10 years post qualification experience in similar role.
Job ID: 99984
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time